[Asterisk-Security] abt NAT issues and TCP support to Asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jul 17 07:04:09 MST 2006

----- vivek relan <vivek_pict at yahoo.com> wrote:
> By adding the TCP support to Asterisk server, how can reslove the NAT
> issues ?? Why we could not reslove them with UDP ?

How is this security related? This is the asterisk-security mailing list.

In any case, your question shows a lack of understanding of what the 'NAT issues' are :-) Generally speaking, NAT issues in Asterisk are related to media sessions for SIP calls, for which TCP support is irrelevant, since it is not used for media sessions.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer