[Asterisk-Security] running asterisk chroot ?

Michael Labuschke michael at labuschke.de
Thu Jan 27 17:11:29 CST 2005

Has anyone tried to run asterisk in a chrooted enviroment ?
Is that possible ( of course it is)
I'm running asterisk in /home/asterisk as user asterisk.
But I like to run it in a chroot environment.

Here is the stuff that need to be done I guess.

/dev/zap devices need to be created (copied)
Asterisk needs to be statically compilied ( same for the modules).
Or the libs need to be moved.
Could I still get a CLI from outside the chroot with asterisk -rvv ?

AFAIK myslq (odbc) does connect over localhost:3006 and not using the
socket. So that would be no problem.

Anything else?

michael