[Asterisk-Security] How does native IAX encryption work?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Jan 27 02:41:28 CST 2005

Robert Jackson wrote:

> Right, I do seem to remember a few people posting to -dev saying that
> they had some sort of errors, but that was a while ago and there
> really hasn't been that much activity since.  I guess it's time to crash
>
> a few boxes in search for the bugs.  ;)

How can you crash them until you know what knobs to turn to make it
start trying to encrypt the stream?

I am afraid the only way is going to be to pore over the sources, and
while that is certainly a good way to learn the way things work, it's
sometimes a pretty brutal initiation.

I don't have time now, but if someone does, at the "user" level I am
dying to play around with this.

B.