[Asterisk-Security] Supporting security list

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Aug 7 13:48:41 CDT 2005

Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:
> Brian Capouch ha scritto:
>

>>IAX encryption has been working for over a month now.  I am not
>>qualified to audit it, but as far as "workability" I haven't
>>encountered any major problems.
>

> Great! Could you point out some documentation about the design and/or
> functionality and/or configuration?
> I would be glad to propose it to opensource audit community on other
> mailing lists

It is essentially undocumented, which of course is a big problem.

I'm not qualified to do it, by the way.

Basically it's an automatic features (CVS-HEAD only, btw) where anytime
a pair of IAX peers have encryption set to "yes" (or, as I understand
it, a mutually-agreed-upon and supported algorithm) then it just happens
automagically.

The code is in the various files that govern IAX in ~/channels.

B.