[Asterisk-Security] Supporting security list

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Sun Aug 7 12:01:52 CDT 2005

On Sunday 07 August 2005 12:45, Rod Dorman wrote:
> On Sunday, August 7, 2005, 10:37:00, Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:
> > Last week Philips Zimmerman, the author of PGP, announced that he is
> > working on a voice over ip solution protected with PGP.
> >
> > Should we invite him to the list to discuss about his idea and prototipe
> > and work togheter to get IAX and SIP encryption using the same standard,
> > de facto opensource methods?
>
> Any  effort  towards an open standard agreed upon by more than one group
> would be welcomed by both vendors and users.
>
> My  concern  would  be  with  the license. Will it be 'free' or is there
> going to be some (per user, site, etc.) cost?

If you look at his track record and what he seem to stand for, there's no
reason to expect him to change away from the GPL now. In fact I believe he
got gpg going because of license problems with the company that bought pgp.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin