[asterisk-scf-dev] Packaging and AsteriskSCF

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jun 27 12:52:06 CDT 2011

On 06/27/2011 11:18 AM, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On 11-06-27 07:06 AM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>> On 06/26/2011 03:34 PM, Paul Belanger wrote:
>>> Greeting!
>>>
>>> I had some free time this weekend, so I decided to look and see what was
>>> required to package some of the dependencies use by AsteriskSCF.
>>>
>>> I decided to start with zeroc-ice, since this package already exists
>>> upstream in Debian unstable. Right now Debian support 3.4.1, talking to
>>> the maintainer of the package 3.4.2 should be release this week. So I
>>> spend a few hour on Friday night / Saturday morning, packaging[1] 3.4.2.
>>>
>>> Now that zeroc-ice 3.4.2 was packaged, I then create a tarball from the
>>> Digium version of ice in git and started work to package it. Again,
>>> after a few hours of hacking I've successfully created zeroc-ice
>>> packages from the version in the Digium git repo. :)
>>>
>>> There we're some differences in java/build.xml between the two versions,
>>> however I've patched the Digium version and reverted some changes to
>>> icegridadmin.
>>
>> The differences between our version and the upstream version were
>> intentional, so can you explain what you changed?
>>
> The change was pretty minimal, see attached. I choose to re-enable it so
> I didn't have to modify the debian/ packaging too much. There was also
> an issue with cross-compiling i386 from an amd64 host, which I have
> worked around. Work still needs to be done to confirm Digium specific
> change to ICE are being installed by the packages.

That change was made to the icegridadmin build because there is no
JGoodies Common package available in any released version of Debian or
Ubuntu (and probably most other distros except Fedora), so since
Asterisk SCF doesn't use IceGrid at this point, it was easier to just
disable building icegridadmin.

--
Kevin P. Fleming