[asterisk-scf-dev] Packaging and AsteriskSCF

Paul Belanger pabelanger at digium.com
Mon Jun 27 11:18:25 CDT 2011

On 11-06-27 07:06 AM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> On 06/26/2011 03:34 PM, Paul Belanger wrote:
>> Greeting!
>>
>> I had some free time this weekend, so I decided to look and see what was
>> required to package some of the dependencies use by AsteriskSCF.
>>
>> I decided to start with zeroc-ice, since this package already exists
>> upstream in Debian unstable. Right now Debian support 3.4.1, talking to
>> the maintainer of the package 3.4.2 should be release this week. So I
>> spend a few hour on Friday night / Saturday morning, packaging[1] 3.4.2.
>>
>> Now that zeroc-ice 3.4.2 was packaged, I then create a tarball from the
>> Digium version of ice in git and started work to package it. Again,
>> after a few hours of hacking I've successfully created zeroc-ice
>> packages from the version in the Digium git repo. :)
>>
>> There we're some differences in java/build.xml between the two versions,
>> however I've patched the Digium version and reverted some changes to
>> icegridadmin.
>
> The differences between our version and the upstream version were
> intentional, so can you explain what you changed?

The change was pretty minimal, see attached. I choose to re-enable it so
I didn't have to modify the debian/ packaging too much. There was also
an issue with cross-compiling i386 from an amd64 host, which I have
worked around. Work still needs to be done to confirm Digium specific
change to ICE are being installed by the packages.

--
Paul Belanger
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer