[asterisk-scf-dev] Packaging and AsteriskSCF

Paul Belanger pabelanger at digium.com
Sun Jun 26 15:34:02 CDT 2011

Greeting!

I had some free time this weekend, so I decided to look and see what was
required to package some of the dependencies use by AsteriskSCF.

I decided to start with zeroc-ice, since this package already exists
upstream in Debian unstable.  Right now Debian support 3.4.1, talking to
the maintainer of the package 3.4.2 should be release this week.  So I
spend a few hour on Friday night / Saturday morning, packaging[1] 3.4.2.

Now that zeroc-ice 3.4.2 was packaged, I then create a tarball from the
Digium version of ice in git and started work to package it.  Again,
after a few hours of hacking I've successfully created zeroc-ice
packages from the version in the Digium git repo. :)

There we're some differences in java/build.xml between the two versions,
however I've patched the Digium version and reverted some changes to
icegridadmin.

ATM I've only created packages for Debian unstable, it should not be
hard to port them to Ubuntu Oneiric.  Ideally, when I have more time,
I'd like to backport the package into Debian Squeeze / Wheezy and Ubuntu
Lucid, Maverick and Natty.

[1] http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/dpkg/zeroc-ice/
[2] git://git.asterisk.org/asterisk-scf/release/ice
--
Paul Belanger
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer