[asterisk-scf-dev] Ice 3.4.2 incorporated into Asterisk SCF repositories

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jun 23 15:28:19 CDT 2011

ZeroC recently released version 3.4.2 of Ice, and I've just finished
integrating it into our 'ice' repository to be used for Asterisk SCF
builds. We still have quite a number of changes to Ice that we'll
continue working with ZeroC to get them merged, and all of them had to
be rebased against Ice 3.4.2 to ensure that future code reviews would be
as smooth as possible.

As a result of these rebasing operations, the 'master' branch from the
release repository cannot be simply 'pulled' into an existing clone of
the repository. Instead, a forced update needs to be done; to do this,
ensure that you have the 'master' branch checked out, and that you have
no changes in your working directory, and then issue this command:

# git pull origin +master:master

This will tell git that you want your local master branch to be the same
as the master branch from the origin repository, even though that means
losing history you had in your master branch.

After you've done this you can build and install Ice as the instructions
on wiki.asterisk.org document, then update your slice-plugins repository
(a normal update will work fine there) and build/install those too.
There is no urgency to update your system to correct bugs; our
repository already included the bug-fix patches that ZeroC had published
for Ice 3.4.1.

--
Kevin P. Fleming