[asterisk-scf-dev] Code Review Emails

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jan 21 16:19:53 CST 2011

On 01/21/2011 04:13 PM, David Boyes wrote:

>> On 1/21/11 4:46 PM, "David M.Lee"<dlee at digium.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> You can now expect messages from code reviews in your inbox.
>>
>> Can I suggest these be redirected to a different list specifically for
>> this purpose? In general, it's nice to know but I think that they'll
>> produce a lot of noise when we really get rolling.
>
> Darn, hit send too soon.
>
> To amplify a bit more, IMHO telling us here to go look at another source
> for the actual discussion is really kind of irritating. We could have just
> had the discussion here and not had to go two places, or had the
> discussion in the other tool, in which case, we don't need to see it here
> twice.

Sending the review comment notifications to this list encourages people
to 'lurk' and watch what is going on, without having to take explicit
action to do so (like subscribing to an RSS feed themselves). These
emails are also very easy to send to /dev/null if you wish, since they
have a distinct From address.

If enough people feel they are 'noise' and would like them elsewhere,
we'll move them. This discussion also occurred on the asterisk-dev list
when ReviewBoard was put in place, and the consensus was to leave them
there so that everyone could see the development discussion that was
going on.

> BTW: I have clean builds of Asterisk SCF components on s390x and
> power[5-7] CPUs. I will do some cleanup on the modifications -- but some
> involve some assembler bits. Should we think about establishing some kind
> of architecture-dependent tree for such things, ie an arch/i686,
> arch/s390x, arch/power7 structure?

Well... we'd prefer not to have to require such things if at all
possible. What areas of the system did you have to do this in? Are these
on Linux or some other platform?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com