[asterisk-scf-dev] linking issue (libServiceLocatorIf_CXX.so)

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Thu Nov 4 09:00:21 CDT 2010

List,

Since returning from astricon I've been trying to build Asterisk SCF
however I'm running into a linking issue (see below).  Being my first
time building / installing I've referred to the wiki page [1] (side
note, I would like to see this page split into separate pages for each
Linux distro; willing to help) but cannot get past the follow error.

Digium's version of ICE is compiled and installed (/opt/Ice-3.4) and I
even took the extra step of creating /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ice.conf
listing the location to the libraries.

OS: Ubuntu 10.04 64bit
uname -a: Linux web01 2.6.32-25-server #45-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16
20:06:58 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Is there a debug log or build log that might help?

---
Scanning dependencies of target ServiceLocatorIf_CXX
[  1%] Building CXX object
slice/Core/Discovery/CMakeFiles/ServiceLocatorIf_CXX.dir/ServiceLocatorIf.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared library libServiceLocatorIf_CXX.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lIce
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [slice/Core/Discovery/libServiceLocatorIf_CXX.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [slice/Core/Discovery/CMakeFiles/ServiceLocatorIf_CXX.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
---

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/TOP/Building+-+Linux