[asterisk-scf-dev] introductions

David Boyes dboyes at sinenomine.net
Wed Nov 3 13:49:18 CDT 2010

On Nov 2, 2010, at 1:29 PM, Chris Kairalla wrote:

I just wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself.

Since Chris lead the way with introductions, I probably should speak up as well. I'm David Boyes, and I'm currently working on a project to build a carrier-scale Asterisk configuration.
We've successfully configured, built and tested a hardware platform capable of 300K or more simultaneous calls (thanks to IBM's new mainframe hardware) using Asterisk 1.6, and the Digium marketing guys wanted me to take a look at SCF as a possible alternative/additive to our work to scale even larger.

I'm interested in SCF to determine how we are going to have to handle 40G and 100G Ethernet connectivity for our systems, and how to manage instrumentation for an Asterisk complex at 5E scale.  I've been lurking for a few weeks and poking at the source code for a few days (since the wiki opened up - Confluence is disgustingly browser-picky...*sigh*). I hope I can contribute in the MMI, provisioning and billing infrastructure areas, and perhaps to the documentation.

-- db