[hydra-dev] New list members

Guillaume Knispel gknispel at proformatique.com
Thu Jun 10 13:26:15 CDT 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:45:10 -0500
"Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:

> I have just added two members to this list: Sylvain Boily and Guillaume
> Knispel, both of Proformatique in Paris. Proformatique is an Asterisk
> integrator that has built some large-scale installations, including the
> recent one for the human resources department of La Poste.
>
> Please welcome them to the group, and be prepared to answer their
> questions as they begin to get up to speed on the project.

Hello everybody,

No question yet, but a little introduction of myself:

As written above I work at Proformatique; I do Asterisk related
development for various project including our Asterisk based PBX
named XiVO, which is what we develop and integrate most of the time
as an enterprise IPBX. (And when we integrate something other than
that, it's based on "bare" Asterisk with some custom config.)

Historically we've been trying at our beginning to do some wide
balancing of symmetrical Asterisk servers, and after initial studies we
refrained from trying to implements some features on such a setup
because it appeared to be more difficult than anticipated. We still
want very hard to be able to easily do that kind of stuff and more, and
that's one of the points which makes Hydra very interesting for us.

Both as a general topic and as applied for telecom, I'm quite
interested in scalability, correctness and software architecture and
code constructions that makes bugs hard to write. (Not pretending I
know anything about all of these, though :)

I've also been working during the last years on a couple of embedded
project, using various SoC -- the last and current one being the
XiVO IPBX OpenHardware project, which aims at running a standard
GNU/Linux distro and Asterisk (and for who want to do so, a XiVO
installation) on a board with a SoC, some builtin FXO/FXS / ISDN BRI
ports, and hopefully an hardware architecture that will make our life
easier. (We sometimes have surprises with off-the-shelf servers.)
I hope one day some of those boards will also be running some Hydra
software too.

Cheers!
--
Guillaume KNISPEL