[hydra-dev] Proposed Supported Platforms

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Jun 7 14:06:17 CDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I think it's time that an actual list of supported platforms be put together for Hydra. These
would be the platforms we would strive to have Hydra build on out of the box and that we would
fix problems with if they occur. The list mirrors ZeroC supported platforms for ICE except for one.

Linux
Windows
FreeBSD (*)
Solaris
OSX

(*) FreeBSD is not a currently supported platform by ZeroC. This doesn't mean it will not build
or work though. I spent some time actually making this happen and it was fairly straightforward,
but did require some code changes that we would have to maintain. This could become a best effort
supported platform with some initial time required to make our copy of ICE support it.

What does everyone think? Are these the ones that should be targeted? Are any others missing? Do
you disagree with any on the list?

I would also not object to a three tier system: fully supported, best effort supported, unsupported.

--
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer