[hydra-dev] * Fault Tolerance vs High availability

Ed Guy edguy at eguy.org
Thu Jun 3 10:37:20 CDT 2010

Tim,

I suspect portions of the competing system were fault tolerant, but
I suspect the system as a whole wasnt. (OTOH, I could be wrong...
but this a two beer bet.)

Migrating calls by an administrative action is a bit different than full
fault tolerance.
This requirement makes a great deal of sense and perhaps could be
implemented
by sort of phased reinvite ( in sip terms)  under the direction of some
session supervisor.

e.g,

initial:
Alice    ---> CP30  -----> Bob
 ( where CP30 is the audio relay/translator, etc, component  )

intermediate
Alice    ---> CP30    ---> CPD2  -----> Bob
( where CPD2 is the second audio relay/translator, etc, component)

final
Alice    ---> CPD2  -----> Bob

/ed