[hydra-dev] Project Hydra update

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jun 3 01:41:31 CDT 2010

On 06/02/2010 06:23 PM, Leif Madsen wrote:
> When I read through this it all seemed to make sense to me. I think the interpretation of the API boundaries is a fair one. Has there been any talk with other parties (like groklaw or FSF and the like?) to determine if the interpretation being presented for the API boundaries holds water?

There's really no need; the GPLv2 is an agreement between two parties,
and those parties can choose to interpret the terms of the agreement any
way they wish. If the parties' interpretations differ significantly, and
the disagreement ends up being decided by a third party, then that third
party may provide an alternate interpretation, but that's about as far
as it could go.

My personal opinion is that the FSF would likely fully endorse this
interpretation, as it extends the purpose and spirit of the GPLv2 to
accommodate 'modern' application development methods and frameworks.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com