[hydra-dev] Project Hydra update

Ed Guy edguy at eguy.org
Wed Jun 2 16:06:52 CDT 2010

Ah, breaking out the old red rider BB gun again, JT?

This license scares me a bit and it may limit development in the area
which it enables so well.
If I were developing a proprietary program within hydra, I would be
forced to add
an isolation layer to maintain the license separation.  Although this is
not a hard thing to do,
it is a bit arbitrary and a waste of resources.

David Johnson wrote some time ago:
http://www.mail-archive.com/license-discuss@opensource.org/msg06498.html

"Free Software should not be afraid of competition. If someone comes
along and "serverizes" the software, we should not be wringing our
hands, but busy writing Free clients instead.
"

/ed