[hydra-dev] RTP Stack Choice

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Aug 11 09:22:22 CDT 2010

11 aug 2010 kl. 16.10 skrev Joshua Colp:

> Hello all,
>
> It's approaching the time where we need to choose an RTP stack for Hydra. As was previously
> mentioned in response to comments about the SIP stack this is simply the one that will be
> included and that resources will be put against. Since we have our defined interfaces there will
> be nothing to stop others from replacing it.
>
> To help facilitate this I've done some more research into using pjmedia for RTP and transport.
> After comparing it against the other RTP stacks I think it is our best option from a features,
> licensing, and future development perspective so I'd like to put forward the recommendation
> to use it.
>
> Does anyone have any qualms with it?

There are not many RTP "stacks" out there. Seems like people generally think "this is simple
so I can hack this together".

I need to check pjmedia rtcp support before I say anything about it. For the rest of RTP, I fully trust the
decision of the RTP master, Mr Colp. I had some issues with RTCP with PJsip phones and they all
blamed pjmedia when I contacted them...

/O