[hydra-dev] sip stacks (new topic)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Aug 10 08:34:35 CDT 2010

10 aug 2010 kl. 15.06 skrev Tim Panton:

> As to PJSIP, I'm a bit bothered that it is the _dominant_
> sip stack. We start running the mono-culture problem.
> I'm not sure I see that it is a real issue, but worth mentioning...
> as it may become a worth while hacker target.
Yes, it's a problem. But resiprocate is fairly big too, but mostly in commercial products even though the stack in itself is open source.

> I'm sure this is understood, but just to re-iterate,
> I expect there to be _multiple_ SIP stacks available
> for Hydra - at any rate the architecture _must_
> support multiple stacks.

Right. And we need to figure out what we are going to do with SIP, draw up an architecture.

For SIP ua stuff, like if we need to register or subscribe, we might want one "hydralet". For SIP server stuff, like SIP trunks, we might want another.

And if the architecture works, we can have multiple implementations.

/O