[hydra-dev] listening through the conf call of the 8th.

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 08:06:31 CDT 2010

I liked the 'science-faire' style for the evening session.

You could do it as a set of table-top demos, that gives
each area a theme and allows space for the more informal things,
android/iphone demo etc....

As to PJSIP, I'm a bit bothered that it is the _dominant_
sip stack. We start running the mono-culture problem.
I'm not sure I see that it is a real issue, but worth mentioning...
as it may become a worth while hacker target.

I'm sure this is understood, but just to re-iterate,
I expect there to be _multiple_ SIP stacks available
for Hydra - at any rate the architecture _must_
support multiple stacks.

As to scripting languages, we need to support
one of the Ruby family.
Key issues would be support for dynamic typing and
service discovery and use of closures as event handlers.

Both JRuby and Groovy could use the Java ICE interface
(at least in theory) - as could Jython and one of the
java based javascript engines.

T.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk