[hydra-dev] White paper about interface versioning

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Apr 27 09:22:18 CDT 2010

Marc Blanchet wrote:

> question more than comment/argument: usually, many modules/methods/...
> are interrelated. Therefore, version A of module X needs to run with
> version B of module Y (while not necessarily calls with specified
> versions between the two). Do you intend to have a system versioning view?

No, the goal is to have an interface versioning view, and let the
component developers use whichever versions of the interfaces they wish.
This should allow for more controllable upgrades than having to upgrade
a whole raft of components at once.

> low priority comment: any reason on not putting the source into the wiki
> (instead of a readonly-to-be-downloaded pdf). Wiki would enable new
> versions of white paper after discussion, multiple editors, ...  ?

We should probably just convert the white papers to wiki pages.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com