[hydra-dev] White paper about interface versioning

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Tue Apr 27 09:10:19 CDT 2010

Le 10-04-27 08:55, Joshua Colp a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> As we all know versioning is going to be an important part of Hydra so it is
> good to get the wheels turning and discussion going now. To facilitate this I
> have created a whitepaper which explains a bit about the approach that we've
> prototyped and believe can work. Any feedback is valuable and if this leads
> us down a better path all the better.
>
> The paper is available on the wiki at https://myth.asterisk.org/wiki/display/TOP/White+Papers
>
> Let the replies flow.

question more than comment/argument: usually, many modules/methods/...
are interrelated. Therefore, version A of module X needs to run with
version B of module Y (while not necessarily calls with specified
versions between the two). Do you intend to have a system versioning view?

low priority comment: any reason on not putting the source into the wiki
(instead of a readonly-to-be-downloaded pdf). Wiki would enable new
versions of white paper after discussion, multiple editors, ...  ?

Marc.

--
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca