[asterisk-scf-committee] Asterisk SCF 1.0 Feature List, and progress towards it

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Sep 24 07:11:18 CDT 2011

On 09/23/2011 03:46 PM, Benjamin Oldenburg wrote:
> Well, I think it would at least be a time saver because it practically
> does what the How-To suggests.
>
> One way or another, I can't imagine that someone incapable of
> understanding what a bash script is doing, will be able to understand
> how to even use Asterisk SCF, at least not anytime soon (from what I can
> tell).

That's a valid point, and yet we see all too often that making it too
easy to install results in installations performed by people who don't,
in fact, have any clue what they are doing... and they have no idea what
to do with the thing they've just installed :-)

That problem is not solvable though; making things fool-proof just means
you'll find more creative fools!

--
Kevin P. Fleming