[asterisk-scf-committee] Asterisk SCF 1.0 Feature List, and progress towards it

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Thu Sep 8 21:48:31 CDT 2011

my take:
- everything that really makes an important difference from Asterisk: i.e. redundancy/failover is a MUST. (it is there as I understand)
- everything that makes standard calls/standard features for a typical asterisk scenario. (it is there as I understand)

therefore, it appears to me that we are ready for 1.0

but:

- I also said some time ago that it should be straightforward to install, such as configure, make, make install...   this looks minor but that is how I and many started asterisk and many other open source projects: it has to be simple to install. it is a significant requirement to get people on board.
- current doc in https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/TOP/Installing  shows that we are far from that.  (no criticism intended)

Anyway to improve the installation procedure to make it 1-2-3 go?

my two cents canadian...

Regards, Marc.