[asterisk-r2] RES: A-2 Problem

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 12:55:52 CDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Marcos Centeno Hemann <
marcos at engenheiromarcos.com.br> wrote:

> ** **
>
> Hello Moises****
>
> This is to confirm that the changes suggested below have fixed the problem
> with the A-2 signal handling. It´s important you add it to the release
> standard configuration for Brazil.****
>
> ** **
>
> Now please let me ask you one more thing that is required to close the
> MFC-R2 issues for ANATEL certification:****
>
> ** **
>
> -              There is an MFC-R2 test case that requires the PBX device
> to send back a B-2 signal when the called extension is busy;****
>
> -              We noticed that the PBX always sends back a B-1 signal ,
> regardless of the called extension state (even when IVR, Voicemail, DISA,
> MOH, etc., are disabled);****
>
> -              If all “automatic answering” features are disabled, the PBX
> must send back a B-2 signal when the called extension is busy (eg. In an
> internal/intercom call) – it is NOT accepted to respond with B-1 and send
> in-band busy tone after that!****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Could you please let me know how to configure the MFC-R2 module to allow
> (successful) completion of this test case? Or this is a problem of PBX?***
> *

Asterisk will try to figure out the proper cause code to hangup. You will
need mfcr2_immediate_accept=no (and make sure immediate=no as well).

Then the call will hit the dialplan *before* being accepted. If the call is
hung up before an answer(), then the proper cause code for hangup will be
used. You can also try to use the variable MFCR2_CAUSE to select the cause.
The hangup cause codes are defined here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+variable+hangupcause

Hangup cause number 2 is used for BUSY, then openr2 will translate this in
the proper B signal depending on the variant (which for Brazil happens to
be B-2)

*Moises Silva
**Manager, Software Engineering***

msilva at sangoma.com

Sangoma Technologies

100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham, ON L3R 9R6 Canada

t.   +1 800 388 2475 (N. America)

t.   +1 905 474 1990 x128

f.   +1 905 474 9223

**<http://www.sangoma.com/contact?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email+signatures>