[asterisk-r2] asterisk using rpm or source compiling

Anton Krall antonkrall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 14:52:59 CDT 2012

Alejandro and Alexandre

I've always used asterisk by compiling the source code but mainly because I needed to patch chan_zap in order to use openr2, now on 1.8 it has factory default support right? so I just need to compile openr2 and thats it? or do I also need to have asterisk source code and recompile as always? (in which case, yum and rpm is out of the question).