[asterisk-r2] Alarm on openR2 spans leave channels with RxCAS 0xC state

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at m2j.com.br
Wed Jan 11 09:36:46 CST 2012

I'm still properly learning R2D, I know ISDN and ISUP well. go figure.

It seems the proper way to troubleshoot is to compare mfcr2 show
channels with dahdi_tool, if the bits match and are both corrupt, then
its not a openr2 bug, but something hardware/driver related. If the bits
are in mismatch, then its an openr2 issue. I just thought about the
dahdi_tool now, as I never used it with R2 before, just with T1 channel
banks. Since the incorrect bits are received, if they show up on
dahdi_tool, then it can't be the fault of openr2 generating improper
signalling output.

I think I'll wait until it happens again, and then do the comparison.
I'll report back.

Marcelo