[asterisk-r2] Alarm on openR2 spans leave channels with RxCAS 0xC state

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at m2j.com.br
Tue Jan 10 16:30:03 CST 2012

I have the following chan_dahdi.conf (asterisk 1.6.2.18 / dahdi 2.3.0.1
/ openR2 1.3.1):

[channels]
usecallerid=yes
echocancel=no
echocancelwhenbridged=no

signalling=mfcr2
mfcr2_variant=br
mfcr2_forced_release=no
mfcr2_get_ani_first=no
mfcr2_category=national_subscriber
mfcr2_allow_collect_calls=yes
mfcr2_double_answer=no

context=entrada
group=1
mfcr2_max_ani=14
mfcr2_max_dnis=4
channel => 1-15,17-21

context=geral
group=2
mfcr2_max_ani=4
mfcr2_max_dnis=16
channel => 32-46,48-52

And the following /etc/dahdi/system.conf

span=1,1,0,cas,hdb3
span=2,0,0,cas,hdb3
span=3,0,0,esf,b8zs
span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3
cas=1-15,17-21:1101
cas=32-46,48-52:1101
fxoks=63-86
bchan=87-101,103-117
dchan=102
echocanceller=mg2,1-15,17-21,32-46,48-52,63-86
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf (removed the comments to save space)

[channels]
usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no

group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

signalling=mfcr2
mfcr2_variant=br
mfcr2_forced_release=no
mfcr2_get_ani_first=no
mfcr2_category=national_subscriber
mfcr2_max_ani=14
mfcr2_max_dnis=4
mfcr2_allow_collect_calls=yes
context=entrada
group=1
channel => 1-15,17-21

mfcr2_max_ani=8
mfcr2_max_dnis=16
context=geral
group=2
channel => 32-46,48-52

switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=pri_net
group=4
context=geral
channel => 87-101,103-117

Frequently, after we get an alarm and the alarm clears, some or all
channels are left with Rx CAS 0xC state.
Reloading dahdi solves the issue, but it's extremely undesirable since
this condition might leave no channels or very few channels in operable
state for usage until restarting dahdi (and restarting dahdi kills all
active dahdi calls). I just upgraded to OpenR2 1.3.2, but I saw nothing
on the ChangeLog that might fix this.

Regards,

Marcelo Pacheco