[asterisk-r2] inbanddisconnect for openR2 ?

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 15:49:34 CST 2011

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Daniel Ferrer <daniel at teledata.com.uy>wrote:

> 2) I want to know if there is a equivalent option for "inbanddisconnect"
> in R2. For PRI this options permits inband audio when channel is ringing.
> Is is the way telco uses to playback a message like "your number is
> incorrect....", not answering the call and not billing the user (call is
> never answered). If "inbanddisconnect=no" call fails and I get the ISDN
> cause in variable ${HANGUPCAUSE}, in this case there is no inband-audio.
>
> In a MFCR2 line always I get this inband audio. There is a way to
> acomplish this task like in a PRI line ?

The option "inbanddisconnect" for PRI allows audio to flow after a
DISCONNECT message has been received, not while is ringing (that is also
supported but is different).

In MFC-R2 there is no way to keep audio after a clear back (the equivalent
of a disconnect). I suspect that is not what you want, you just want to
hear the message "your number is incorrect", right?

That option is now a default in Asterisk 1.8 (no need to enable anything).
In Asterisk 1.6.2 was considered a new feature and was not accepted for
inclusion, therefore I had to add it in a separate branch:
http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/moy/mfcr2-1.6-progress/

*Moises Silva
**Software Engineer, Development Manager***

msilva at sangoma.com

Sangoma Technologies

100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham, ON L3R 9R6 Canada

t.   +1 800 388 2475 (N. America)

t.   +1 905 474 1990 x128

f.   +1 905 474 9223

**<http://www.sangoma.com/contact?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email+signatures>