[asterisk-r2] Simulation of Collect Calls

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 10:43:16 CST 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Eduardo Abad <eabad at palosanto.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am currently undergoing some tests for blocking collect calls (calls
> coming from Brazil are of special interest). The thing is (becuase of not
> having any pstn E1 line available) I will like to know if there is a way to
> simulate such type of calls. Maybe through some parameters of the "console
> dial" command?
>
> Just so you know, I currently am using a two E1 interface card and am
> successfully calling between both spans through a working loopback
> connection.
>
> Additional info
> Asterisk: 1.6.2.13
> DAHDI: 2.3.0.1
>
> [root at test ~]# ldd /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so | grep openr2
>        libopenr2.so.3 => /usr/lib/libopenr2.so.3 (0x00466000)
>

> Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hi Eduardo,

Just set the variable MFCR2_CATEGORY=COLLECT_CALL in the outgoing leg. If
using regular dial plan logic remember to add an _, this tells Asterisk to
set the variable in the outgoing leg.

Set(_MFCR2_CATEGORY=COLLECT_CALL)
Dial(DAHDI/g1/xxxx)

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON L3R 9R6
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com