[asterisk-r2] inbanddisconnect for openR2 ?

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 09:16:57 CST 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Daniel Ferrer <daniel at teledata.com.uy>wrote

What I want is actually to DISABLE this behaviour, I don't want to hear the
> message "your number is incorrect...". I get this behaviour in PRI wich
> "inbanddisconnect=no", call fails without an audio message, and I get ISDN
> cause. I want this for an automatic dialer, and I want to distinguish busy
> numbers / no answer numbers / incorrect numbers, only passing answered
> calls to agents, and mark some calls as "incorrect numbers".

There is no way to change this in MFC R2. If the telco does not send a
disconnect tone indicating "busy number" or "unallocated number" etc, the
call will continue passing the audio the telco plays (either answered or
not). In order for us to disconnect the call the telco has to send either a
disconnect MF tone or a clear back, if they don't send this, the call will
remain active.

You can however still pass only answered calls to your agents. You just
need to wait for the call to be answered before passing it to an agent. The
audio you get with "Your number is incorrect" is typically sent in an
accepted-but-not-yet-answered call.

> There is an option in chan_dahdi.conf to enable/disable this feature, or
> this feature is always enabled ?
> By the way, I'm using 1.4 (yes it's deprecated) with your
> openr2-asterisk-1.4.42-p1.patch<http://code.google.com/p/openr2/downloads/detail?name=openr2-asterisk-1.4.42-p1.patch&can=2&q=>and I get audio from Telco when I dial an incorrect number. I want to know
> also if this feature that you say it's included in 1.8 and in your 1.6
> branch, is included also in the 1.4.42 patch that I'm using.

Yes AFAIR is included in the patch for 1.4

*Moises Silva
**Software Engineer, Development Manager***

msilva at sangoma.com

Sangoma Technologies

100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham, ON L3R 9R6 Canada

t.   +1 800 388 2475 (N. America)

t.   +1 905 474 1990 x128

f.   +1 905 474 9223

**<http://www.sangoma.com/contact?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email+signatures>