[asterisk-r2] inbanddisconnect for openR2 ?

Daniel Ferrer daniel at teledata.com.uy
Thu Dec 1 09:07:32 CST 2011

Hi Moises, thanks for your anwer, some more comments:

El 30/11/11 19:49, Moises Silva escribió:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Daniel Ferrer <daniel at teledata.com.uy
> <mailto:daniel at teledata.com.uy>> wrote:
>
>     2) I want to know if there is a equivalent option for
>     "inbanddisconnect" in R2. For PRI this options permits inband
>     audio when channel is ringing. Is is the way telco uses to
>     playback a message like "your number is incorrect....", not
>     answering the call and not billing the user (call is never
>     answered). If "inbanddisconnect=no" call fails and I get the ISDN
>     cause in variable ${HANGUPCAUSE}, in this case there is no
>     inband-audio.
>
>     In a MFCR2 line always I get this inband audio. There is a way to
>     acomplish this task like in a PRI line ?
>

> The option "inbanddisconnect" for PRI allows audio to flow after a
> DISCONNECT message has been received, not while is ringing (that is
> also supported but is different).
Yes, you're right audio is received after a DISCONNECT message.

> In MFC-R2 there is no way to keep audio after a clear back (the
> equivalent of a disconnect). I suspect that is not what you want, you
> just want to hear the message "your number is incorrect", right?
What I want is actually to DISABLE this behaviour, I don't want to hear
the message "your number is incorrect...". I get this behaviour in PRI
wich "inbanddisconnect=no", call fails without an audio message, and I
get ISDN cause. I want this for an automatic dialer, and I want to
distinguish busy numbers / no answer numbers / incorrect numbers, only
passing answered calls to agents, and mark some calls as "incorrect
numbers".

> That option is now a default in Asterisk 1.8 (no need to enable
> anything). In Asterisk 1.6.2 was considered a new feature and was not
> accepted for inclusion, therefore I had to add it in a separate
> branch:
> http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/moy/mfcr2-1.6-progress/

There is an option in chan_dahdi.conf to enable/disable this feature, or
this feature is always enabled ?
By the way, I'm using 1.4 (yes it's deprecated) with your
openr2-asterisk-1.4.42-p1.patch
<http://code.google.com/p/openr2/downloads/detail?name=openr2-asterisk-1.4.42-p1.patch&can=2&q=>
and I get audio from Telco when I dial an incorrect number. I want to
know also if this feature that you say it's included in 1.8 and in your
1.6 branch, is included also in the 1.4.42 patch that I'm using.

Thanks a lot
bye
daniel

> *Moises Silva
> **/Software Engineer, Development Manager/***
>
> msilva at sangoma.com <mailto:msilva at sangoma.com>
>
> Sangoma Technologies
>
> 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham, ON L3R 9R6 Canada
>

> t.   +1 800 388 2475 (N. America)
>
> t.   +1 905 474 1990 x128
>
> f.   +1 905 474 9223
>

> **