[asterisk-r2] Asterisk and Nortel Option 11

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 18:06:39 CDT 2010

Hello Carlos,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomabmex.com>wrote:

> [Sep 27 16:02:57] DEBUG[3968] chan_dahdi.c: Dropping frame since I'm
> still dialing on DAHDI/62-1...
> [Sep 27 16:02:57] DEBUG[3970] chan_dahdi.c: Dropping frame since I'm
> still dialing on DAHDI/36-1...

Those are somewhat normal, that's why they are DEBUG. However, if for a
given call you keep getting those for an extended period, it could mean
openr2 is stuck trying to dial out, but for some reason (bug?) just does not
finish to dial.

>        I can still see the "Dropping frame..." messages on the full log but
> things are working for the moment.  Obviously the customer is worried
> that this will keep happening.  Any recommendations on how to debug this
> problem?  Unfortunately I do not have any Nortel experience so I do not
> know how to make sure we keep sync between the two systems.

If you're using Sangoma, check /var/log/messages for driver errors during
the time your customer reported the problem.

Also, if you get into any problem where R2 lines seem stuck (cannot dial out
and/or in), I always suggest using the script debug/asterisk/astdumpr2.sh
somefile.txt

And then pastebin somefile.txt, that contains useful information about the
channels states.

PD. Carlos, I hope to see you at Astricon this year :-)

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | NEW 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON L3R
9R6 Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com