[asterisk-r2] CAS Signalling

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Sat Sep 18 21:07:26 CDT 2010

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 01:02:35 +0530, Sunil Kumar wrote
> I am trying to set up CAS signalling on my single E1/T1 digium card. I installed things in the following order
>
> 1. libpri-1.4.11
> 2. dahdi-linux-complete-2.4.0+2.4
> 3. openr2-1.3.0.tar
> 4. asterisk-1.6.2
> My system.com is as follows
>
> /etc/dahdi/system.conf
>
> loadzone = in
> defaultzone = in
> span = 1,0,0,cas,hdb3
> bchan = 1-15,17-31
> dchan = 16

     There are two problems with your system.conf file, it should look like this:

loadzone = in
defaultzone = in
span = 1,1,0,cas,hdb3
cas=1-15:1101
cas=17-31:1101

     The span 1,1,0 means that this span will take the clock from the E1 and be the primary timing source.  The other parameters you were using were for ISDN PRI and not for R2 signalling.  Also make sure your E1 cards is set to E1 and not T1.  This is done via a jumper on the card.

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología