[asterisk-r2] openr2 - hearing dtmf tones after answering

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 14:29:38 CDT 2010

Unless you are using DTMF R2, the DNIS is not transmitted using DTMF, but
MF.

Also, in both MFC-R2 and DTMF-R2, by the time Asterisk is notified of the
incoming call, the full DNIS and ANI were already transmitted, so there is
no chance you will hear them.

I would say that DTMF is coming from the other party.

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | NEW 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON L3R
9R6 Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com