[asterisk-r2] DTMF/R2 Venezuela Success!

Loris Santamaria loris at lgs.com.ve
Tue Jun 15 07:25:38 CDT 2010

Hi all,

last week I had an unexpected success with libopenr2 and the Venezuelan
DTMF/R2 variant. Unexpected because it is not really a supported
configuration, but I tried it anyway and it worked. It was a matter of
adding

mfcr2_dtmf_detection=1
mfcr2_dtmf_dialing=1

to the outgoing span.

I can't really say that it is going to work in every situation, the
system was installed in a rural zone and connected to a very old CANTV
switch, but it is a very good start.

The only "glitch" I observed so far was that if the remote party hangs
up it takes up to 30 - 40 seconds for asterisk to notice, but it seemed
more a problem of CANTV than asterisk's.

Loris Santamaria   linux user #70506   xmpp:loris at lgs.com.ve
Links Global Services, C.A.            http://www.lgs.com.ve
Tel: 0286 952.06.87  Cel: 0414 095.00.10  sip:103 at lgs.com.ve