[asterisk-r2] Question about format of R2 channels in zapata.conf

Norman Schmidt norman at omegatecnologia.com
Fri Jan 29 12:31:17 CST 2010

<norman at omegatecnologia.com>,asterisk-r2 at lists.digium.com
> Data: 26/01/2010 23:14
>

> That is a known internal limitation in Asterisk-R2 code for 1.4, nothing
> do with openr2 itself. For each comma a new r2link is created and there is
> limit of about 32 links, on the other hand, separating by a dash just adds
> all the channels to the same r2link.
>
> It's relatively easy to fix but requires changing the C source code for
the
> openr2-asterisk-1.4.21.patch and I have decided that I will not touch
> Asterisk 1.4 R2 code except for bug fixes and paid consultancy.
>
> Asterisk 1.6 R2 code does not has this limitation.
>
> But seriously, why someone could think of generating such file if it's
just
> easier to read and arguably even parse, 1-15,17-31??

Our Asterisk boxes are always a mixup of boards, mixing R2, PRI and analog
channels, and those channels are grouped as inward trunks for routing PSTN
numbers to our SIP customers. The script I mentioned generates the conf
files based on customer selection on a web interface, and it was
easier/faster to write a generator outputing comma separated sequences of
active channels in each group and not worry about calculating sequential
channels in ranges. Too bad, time to rewrite the generator and start the
asterisk 1.6/dahdi migration.

Thank you very much for your always prompt and fast replys!

Norman