[asterisk-r2] Question about format of R2 channels in zapata.conf

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 19:14:01 CST 2010

That is a known internal limitation in Asterisk-R2 code for 1.4, nothing to
do with openr2 itself. For each comma a new r2link is created and there is a
limit of about 32 links, on the other hand, separating by a dash just adds
all the channels to the same r2link.

It's relatively easy to fix but requires changing the C source code for the
openr2-asterisk-1.4.21.patch and I have decided that I will not touch
Asterisk 1.4 R2 code except for bug fixes and paid consultancy.

Asterisk 1.6 R2 code does not has this limitation.

But seriously, why someone could think of generating such file if it's just
easier to read and arguably even parse, 1-15,17-31??

--
Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com