[asterisk-r2] Installing asterisk with r2 support under Ubuntu

Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar alexandre.alencar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 16:39:12 CST 2010

Hi Moises and Melcon,

Moises, you are right, if a source package has a debian/ directory,
it's a Debian Native Package (a package build for Debian). This is not
the OpenR2 case, so debian/ directory we provides in the past don't
adhere to Debian Policy and that's why it has been removed.

Best Regards

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Moises Silva <moises.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar
> <alexandre.alencar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Tzafrir (pkg-voip team) asked us if we can remove the debian/ from
>> upstream source so pkg-voip team can take care of it and we just did
>> what he asked.
>>

> All in all it seems it has to do something with Debian policies for
> packages, it seems the debian directory is not allowed  or something -_-
>
> --
> Moises Silva
> Senior Software Engineer
> Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 50 McIntosh Drive, Suite 120, Markham ON L3R 9T3
> Canada
> t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com

Alexandre Alencar (Skarmeth)
http://blog.alexandrealencar.net/