[asterisk-r2] Installing asterisk with r2 support under Ubuntu

Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar alexandre.alencar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 18:54:17 CST 2010

Hey Matiano, how you doing?

For past OpenR2 releases, we maintained a Debian package infra, where
you just do a dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc and have a libopenr2 and -dev
packages ready for install.

But to help the Tzafrir effort to put in in Debian/Ubuntu pkg-voip
effort to get OpenR2 inside Debian/Ubuntu archives, we removed our
packaging support for Debian. They still exist for RPM based distros.

I think Debian/Ubuntu will start shipping OpenR2 and a MFC/R2 enable
version of Asterisk. Until this come, users need to build OpenR2 by
they hands, to use Asterisk 1.6.2.x

Best Regards

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Mariano Sokal
<marianosokal at siisa.com.ar> wrote:
> This way worked for me, even though I’m not that satisfied:
>

> apt-get install dahdi dahdi-source
>

> svn co http://openr2.googlecode.com/svn/branches/release-1/
>

> cd release-1
>

> ./configure
>
> make
>
> make install
>

> cd ..
>

> apt-get build-dep asterisk
>
> apt-get source asterisk
>

> cd asterisk-<version>
>

> ./configure
>
> make
>
> make install
>

> It`s simple, and it installs everything that is possible via apt-get and
> compiles the rest.
>

> I tried to do “apt-get -b source asterisk” so it not only downloads the
> source but builds it, but it gave me the following error that I couldn`t
> resolve:
>

> dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for
> /usr/local/lib/libopenr2.so (used by
> debian/asterisk/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so).
>

> Regards,
>
> Mariano

Alexandre Alencar (Skarmeth)
http://blog.alexandrealencar.net/