[asterisk-r2] Installing asterisk with r2 support under Ubuntu

Mariano Sokal marianosokal at siisa.com.ar
Fri Jan 15 18:28:55 CST 2010

This way worked for me, even though I'm not that satisfied:

apt-get install dahdi dahdi-source

svn co http://openr2.googlecode.com/svn/branches/release-1/

cd release-1

./configure

make

make install

cd ..

apt-get build-dep asterisk

apt-get source asterisk

cd asterisk-<version>

./configure

make

make install

It`s simple, and it installs everything that is possible via apt-get and
compiles the rest.

I tried to do "apt-get -b source asterisk" so it not only downloads the
source but builds it, but it gave me the following error that I couldn`t
resolve:

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for
/usr/local/lib/libopenr2.so (used by
debian/asterisk/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so).

Regards,

Mariano