[asterisk-r2] weird error

Mariano Sokal marianosokal at siisa.com.ar
Thu Jan 14 09:24:58 CST 2010

To be honest, what I did under Ubuntu 9.10 64 bits was getting via apt-get the dahdi stuff.
Then compiled openr2 (http://openr2.googlecode.com/files/openr2-1.2.0.tar.gz)
And after that I used svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/moy/mfcr2 and compiled it.

I will follow that guide again, once I did and after some time it worked... but I thought since 1.6.2.0 was supposed to include support for openr2 by default, or at least I understood that, I din`t compile everything from the ground up. In fact I tried many installation methods/paths but didn`t work.

However let me tell you that the guide is a little bit confusing. I know that it seems simple for you (moy), but you are the coder and you understand it. We (the users) don`t find it so easy to follow. It`s not that I am not thankful with it, and with the library and the support you gave me even via gtalk. I`m just trying to collaborate and not criticize. In fact I was writing step by step of what I was doing in order to post it somewhere... but couldn`t make it work. Perhaps it would be better ordering the guide in a different way, a different structure.

For example:
1.- Intro (where you explain everything regarding R2)
2.- Step by step for Asterisk 1.2
3.- Step by step for Asterisk 1.4
4.- Step by step for Asterisk 1.6
5.- Testing the installation
6.- Example configuration files for different countries/providers

So for example the ones building for 1.6 don`t have to mess with zaptel.

Thanks!
Mariano