[asterisk-r2] problems with digium mfcr2 and Siemens EWSD

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:07:39 CDT 2009

Hello Laura,

> Hi,
> I have a digium E1 connected to a Siemens EWSD switch, although the
> comunications are established the EWSD gives a "failure of pcm alarm".
> I'm using dahdi and openr2

What do you mean by "communications are established"? this sentence
does not say much from a technical point of view. I could think
"communications established" means you are able to make calls, are
you?

> I've made lots of changes to my system.conf :
> span=1,1,0,cas,hdb3,crc4 (the digium is constantly recovering from blue
> alarm)
If you are absolutely sure that the Siemens EWSD switch is configured
with MFC/R2 then I don't think is worth changing configurations here,
I have never ever seen a switch with MFC/R2 that uses crc4 or
something different than cas and hdb3. The right configuration if your
switch is expecting to receive clock from you is:

span=1,0,0,cas,hdb3
cas=1-15:1101
cas=17-31:1101

Your first goal must be to be able to bring the link up, not even try
to make calls. Just try to get an "OK" (no alarms) when looking at the
dahdi_tool interface.

I think the discussion can continue in this list, however be aware
that this issue seems to be caused by wrong switch configuration
(wrong configuration in the EWSD side), how do you know the EWSD side
is correctly configured, and how do you know the EWSD side uses MFCR2?

--
Moises Silva
Software Developer
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com