[asterisk-r2] High CPU Wrong CallerID

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Thu May 7 09:56:43 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 6:59 AM, Luc Moreira <lmoreira at dxbrasil.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Callcenter with 4 E1 (2 telco and 2 legacy PBX), with about 35
> agents distributed in 4 queues. The server is a HP ML110 G5 (Core2Duo +
> RAM2gb + HD160GB).
> The volume of calls is 1000 per day with some daily peaks of up to 40 active
> calls. In these times of peak, the callerid become weird like 0111122233334
> or 3222234456 (repeating numbers). Call quality is also decreased.
>
> The libopenR2 have problems exchanging bits with telco when the server is
> overloaded?

The key problem is the audio. ANI and DNIS are exchanged using audio,
so, if you get poor audio quality is likely ANI and DNIS is also
faulty. Once the call is up and running, the audio is not openr2
responsibility, Asterisk takes complete control over when and how to
read and write audio to the dahdi device. You should ask in
asterisk-users for tips about how to solve your audio problem, if your
audio problem is solved and you still get wrong DNIS/ANI digits, we
will need logs. Other option is to enable mf_threshold timer (read
docs/r2proto.conf for details in the openr2 distribution) which will
cause the openr2 detector to be slower but more tolerant to false
positives.

--
Moises Silva
Software Developer