[asterisk-r2] Migrating from Unicall to OpenR2

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri May 1 13:13:53 CDT 2009

> However I’m a bit confused as to the difference between Zaptel and DAHDI.
>  Having built the dahdi-linux-2.1.0.4 package, the Zaptel driver/kernel
> module no longer seems to be present and dahdi is now being loaded.  I have
> attempted to reconfigure the system.conf and the chan_dahdi.conf file
> however when I run the dahdi tool it indicates that the quad is
> un-configured i.e.
>

> â     UNCONFIGURED    T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1…

it seems you just forgot to execute

# dahdi_cfg -vv

The only difference between zaptel and DAHDI is that Zaptel is the
*OLD* name of the project and therefore the old releases of the
drivers are named Zaptel drivers, the newest releases are named DAHDI,
is just that the name of the project was changed recently. If you
don't have old installations to mantain forget completely about
Zaptel.

--
Moises Silva
Software Developer