[asterisk-r2] Migrating from Unicall to OpenR2

tbrown tbrown at excelocity.com
Fri May 1 13:02:19 CDT 2009

Greetings,

A client has requested that we upgrade a digium quad t1/e1 to from unicall
to OpenR2.  I have been following the instructions posted on the following
link

http://www.sangoma.com/company/about_us/running_MFCR2.html

However I’m a bit confused as to the difference between Zaptel and DAHDI.
Having built the dahdi-linux-2.1.0.4 package, the Zaptel driver/kernel
module no longer seems to be present and dahdi is now being loaded.  I have
attempted to reconfigure the system.conf and the chan_dahdi.conf file
however when I run the dahdi tool it indicates that the quad is
un-configured i.e.

â     UNCONFIGURED    T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1

asterisk doesn’t like the configuration either

[Apr 29 15:48:16] ERROR[3334]: asterisk.c:3068 main: Asterisk has detected a
problem with your DAHDI configuration and will shutdown for your protection

Is there a tool that would parse the configuration?
Should I use Zapata.conf or chan_dahdi.conf?
Is there any more documentation on this?
At the moment I have the following in system.conf

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=25-48

span=3,0,0,cas,hdb3
cas=49-63:1101
cas=65-79:1101

span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=80-94,96-110
dchan=95

And the following in chan_dahdi.conf

[channels]

signalling=pri_net
group=1
context=incoming_pri
channel=>1-23
dchan=24

signalling=em
group=2
context=incoming_pri
channel=>25-48

signalling = mfcr2
group=3
mfcr2_variant = ar
mfcr2_max_ani = 20
mfcr2_max_dnis = 4
mfcr2_category = national_subscriber
mfcr2_get_ani_first = no
; The next three params are for debuging, you can disable when in production
mfcr2_call_files=yes
mfcr2_logdir=embratel
mfcr2_logging=all

channel=>49-63
channel=>65-79

signalling=pri_net

group=4
signalling=pri_net
context=incoming_pri
channel=>80-94,96-110
dchan=95

Is there an obvious problem here?
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.