[asterisk-r2] Behaviour between chan_unicall and chan_zap with openr2?

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:47:50 CDT 2009

Hello Norman,

This depends on what your dial plan is. Show me the dial plan and I
can more accurately answer. OpenR2, or better said, the openr2
implementation in Asterisk attempts to match the DNIS as is received,
so, as soon as it matches a number in the incoming context and there
is no other possible match in the plan it will stop requesting DNIS,
this is more efficient and faster than waiting for timeout in the
variants where timeout is used to signal end of DNIS.

Again, show me the dial plan and I will able to explain the behaviour
of each one.

Moy

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Norman Schmidt
<norman at omegatecnologia.com> wrote:
> For some months, I was using the following configuration for some channels
> at unicall.conf, at an Asterisk machine acting as a recording gateway
> between a Panasonic PBX and the telco R2 E1:
>
> (...)
> context=from-panasonic
> protocolvariant=br,10,13
> group=1
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
> channel => 32-46,48-62
>
> After some tweaking, Im now using chan_zap with libopenr2 on the same
> scenario, with the following settings on the same context:
>
> context=from-panasonic
> mfcr2_variant=br
> mfcr2_get_ani_first=no
> mfcr2_category=national_subscriber
> mfcr2_max_ani=10
> mfcr2_max_dnis=13
> ; starting here are some workarounds to get things better with the Panasonic
> PBX. i.e. "wild guesses"
> mfcr2_mfback_timeout=3000
> mfcr2_metering_pulse_timeout=-1
> mfcr2_charge_calls=yes
> mfcr2_allow_collect_calls=yes
> mfcr2_double_answer=no
> mfcr2_charge_calls=yes
> mfcr2_forced_release=yes
> group=1
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
> channel => 32-46,48-62
>
> This works, but sometimes I face something that looks like a new behaviour:
> Using chan_unicall, when the Panasonic PBX send less than 13 DNIS digits, I
> was still able to deal with this on the Asterisk dialplan (it receives ANI
> and the less-than-13-digits DNIS, etc). Now using chan_zap with openr2, the
> call gets immediately disconnected when less than 13 digits are sent by the
> Panasonic PBX. Which behaviour is correct?
>
> If anybody has experience using libopenR2 with a Panasonic PBX, I would love
> to hear about!

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire