[asterisk-r2] Maybe timers

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 11:35:20 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Anton Krall <akrall at intruder.com.mx>wrote:

>  One thing that I noticed on the logs was this... When the user dialed
> 2281445498 it gave out the MF error, but then the user dialed 044-2281445498
> and the call went thru... Could this error happen when a user dials a cel
> phone number without using the 044 first? And telmex replies with something
> that generates the error in order to let the PBX know that the number is a
> cell number and must be dialed with 044?

This is really interesting. Yes. As you can see from the log files, we start
sending the first digit (2), then they ask us for the next digit (tone 1
means, send me the next digit), then we send the second digit (2 as well)
and immediately they reply with tone 0, which openr2 does not recognizes. I
need to check the telmex R2 specification and see if they mention the tone
0, if they don't mention the tone 0 then I will see if I can contact someone
at telmex who can clarify what's that (I had the e-mail of someone who may
be able to help), if not, then I will just made up a meaning for tone 0 in
Group A :-), meaning "unallocated number" or something like that.

-- Moises Silva
Software Developer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 50 McIntosh Drive, Suite 120, Markham ON L3R 9T3
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com