[asterisk-r2] Protocol error. Reason = Seize Timeout - Openr2

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:32:06 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Melcon Moraes <melcon at gmail.com> wrote:

> The difference is how the call is supposed to be billed/processed by the
> far end. You can accept or reject calls according to its category.
>
> I think that most of the available categories are not used anymore, just a
> few ones, depending on the country practices.
>
> This is MF signaling, not CAS. The seize timeout is CAS related and happens
> way before the category exchange.

As Melcon pointed out, that parameter does not affect the seize behavior and
no, there is nothing you can do from a configuration point of view, in terms
of tcp connections is like doing "telnet telco.host.com" and after a few
seconds getting connection timed out. What can you do from telnet
prespective? nothing, the problem is either in the network (your cabling) or
the far end.

--
Moises Silva
Software Developer