[asterisk-r2] polling bug

Rafael Prado Rocchi prado at practis.com.br
Tue Dec 22 21:17:19 CST 2009

Moy,

I am doing a lot of testing on the polling bug. Your latest revision
(235811) fixed it apparently, but it introduced a new bug.

Let me describe my test scenario:

My asterisk test box has a TE405P; span 1 and 2 are configured as R2; Span 3
and 4 are configured as ISDN.

I'm looping span1 and 2, and looping span 3 and 4. This way I can make calls
and answer calls using the two loops, and using both signaling.

Before the patch, after running 4000 to 5000 calls on each loop
simultaneously, asterisk always crashed. The backtrace always showed the
error in mfcr2_monitor() function. (you know that part I'm talking about ;)
)

Your new patch fixed it (no more dumps). But now, after a few R2 calls, the
code locks all the ISDN channels Up!

Show channels show the channel is UP, and they really are UP, but asterisk
doesn't know they are up..

Show channels give:

Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)

Zap/64-1             s at isdn:1             Up      Echo()

After that, I call dahdi destroy channel 64 and this is what happens:

[Dec 22 18:57:41] WARNING[23272]: chan_dahdi.c:3570 dahdi_hangup: Asked to
hangup channel not connected

[Dec 22 18:57:41] NOTICE[23272]: pbx_spool.c:366 attempt_thread: Call
completed to zap/G1/55889

The first message tells the channel was not in use (but I know it was)

But the second message tells the call was finished.

Channels stay like that forever, or until dahdi restart.

No other problems were observed in R2 calls.

I hope this information can help you.

Thanks!